5 boneless skinless chicken breasts
Twist’d Q™ Smokin’ Applewood Master Rub (Currently in stores as American Royal Smokey Applewood Rub™)
8 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup Colby-Monterey Jack cheese
10 slices cheddar cheese
5 jalapeños, sliced in half lengthwise and cleaned
20 slices bacon
1 cup BBQ Sauce
- Heat your smoker to 350º degrees Fahrenheit/177º Celsius.
- Slice chicken breasts in half (like a hamburger bun).
- Place chicken breasts in a plastic gallon-sized bag and pound until ¼ inch thick.
- Season chicken with Smokin’ Applewood Rub.
- Mix the cream cheese and the Colby/Jack together and smear about 2 tablespoons into each pepper half (use up the cheese between all of the peppers).
- Take the cheddar cheese slices and wrap around the pepper.
- Place the pepper on the chicken breast and wrap it up as best you can. I suggest placing the pepper cheese-side down so it gets completely covered by the chicken.
- Season the outside of the chicken lightly with the Smokin’ Applewood Rub.
- Wrap each chicken breast completely with two or three pieces of bacon. Start at one end, wrap half the breast and finish the second half with the other pieces of bacon.
- Apply more of the Smokin’ Applewood Rub to the outside of the bacon.
- Place onto your smoker and cook for 30-45 minutes or until the chicken is done (165º degrees Fahrenheit/74º Celsius).
- Towards the last 15 minutes, apply a thin layer of BBQ Sauce.
- Remove from your smoker and let rest for about 5-10 minutes, slice in half, then serve.