Chef knife or paring knife
5-quart Instant Pot
1 cup apple cider vinegar
¾ cup ketchup
½ cup packed light brown sugar
¼ cup cherry preserves
¼ cup sriracha chili sauce
1 (4- to 5-pound) boneless pork butt, trimmed and cut into 2-inch pieces
2 tablespoons Twist’d Q Wicked Sweet Bourbon Seasoning
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
1. In a medium bowl, whisk the vinegar, ketchup, sugar, preserves and sriracha.
2. In a large bowl, toss the pork and Twist’d Q Wicked Sweet Bourbon Seasoning to coat.
3. In the Instant Pot, heat the oil on Sauté-More. Add the onion and pork, and cook 10 minutes or until onion is tender, stirring occasionally. Add ⅓ cup water and stir to loosen any browned bits from bottom of pot. Add ½ the vinegar-ketchup mixture.
4. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve to seal. Pressure cook on high 1 hour.
5. Naturally release the pressure and remove the lid. Cool slightly and drain excess liquid.
6. With 2 forks, shred pork and serve with the remaining vinegar-ketchup mixture. Makes about 8 cups.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cup): 371 Calories, 20g Fat (7g Saturated), 104mg Cholesterol, 358mg Sodium, 21g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 18g Sugars, 27g Protein
Here some serving ideas:
Cherry-Sriracha Pulled Pork Quesadillas: Layer pulled pork and Monterey Jack cheese between 2 flour tortillas and cook on a griddle or in a skillet until golden brown.
Cherry-Sriracha Pulled Pork Biscuit Sandwiches: Pile biscuits high with pulled pork, your favorite coleslaw and pickles to make a Southern-inspired sandwich.