1 Quart Stainless Steel Saucepan
BBQ Apple Glaze Ingredients
1/4 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
1/4 Cup Apple Jelly
4 x 6 oz Pork Chops, center cut – about 1” thick
1/4 Cup Twist’d Q™ Sweet Mesquite Chicken Rub (Currently in stores as American Royal Chicken Rub)
3/4 Cup BBQ Apple Glaze*
BBQ Apple Glaze Directions
- Combine all the ingredients in a stainless steel saucepan.
- Set the pan over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer, stirring as needed. Do not boil.
- Once the sauce is smooth, turn down the heat to low.
- Reserve, keeping warm.
- Pre-heat grill.
- Place chops on a tray and season on both sides with the Sweet Mesquite Rub.
- Place the chops on grill and use the tongs to flip them every 3 minutes so they grill evenly.
- During the last few minutes of grilling, brush each chop with some BBQ Apple Glaze*.
- When they reach an internal temperature 145º degrees Fahrenheit/63º Celsius remove the chops from the grill.
- Arrange the chops to a serving platter or individual plates and brush them with additional BBQ Apple Glaze*.
- Serve immediately.
- Aluminum saucepans react negatively with vinegar or citrus juices and produce off flavors. Always use stainless steel or enameled pans when heating barbecue based sauces.
- Temperature – measure temperature by inserting the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chop next to the bone.
Patrick McDonnell Photography