Cast Iron Skillet
Stainless Steel Tongs
Bristle BBQ Brush
4 x 8 oz Pork Steaks – 1/2 inch thickness
1/4 Cup Twist’d Q™ Brown Sugar Hickory Pork Rub (Currently in stores as American Royal Pork Rub)
3 Tbsp Canola Oil
1 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Place chops on a half sheet pan and season both sides with Brown Sugar Hickory Rub
- Pre-heat skillet over medium heat until very hot.
- Add the Canola oil to the skillet
- Place chops in skillet and use the tongs to flip them every 3 minutes until they reach an internal temperature 145º degrees Fahrenheit/63º Celsius, Medium – see chart below.
- During the last 3 minutes of cooking, brush each chop with the Memphis Style BBQ Sauce.
- Transfer chops to serving platter or individual plates, brush tops with more BBQ sauce and serve with remainder on the side.
- Temperature – measure temperature by inserting the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chop next to the bone..
Patrick McDonnell Photography