1 tsp canola oil
½ cup diced onion
¼ cup diced celery
1 large egg
4 cups crumbled cornbread
1/4 cup water
2 tbsp Twist’d Q™ Crazy Chick Lemon Garlic Seasoning
1 1/2 tsp chopped fresh rosemary
4 (7- to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- In small skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and celery and cook 8 minutes or until softened, stirring occasionally; let cool. In a medium bowl, whisk the egg; stir in cornbread, water, 2 teaspoons Lemon Garlic Seasoning and rosemary.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on high heat (375°F) for 15 minutes.
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally in half, but do not cut all the way through. Open the chicken breasts and spread flat, cut side up. Place about 1/2 cup stuffing mixture in the center of each opened chicken breast. Fold the chicken breasts to enclose the stuffing.
- Evenly sprinkle the chicken with the remaining 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Lemon Garlic Seasoning.
- Reduce grill heat to medium (325°F). Apply oil to a clean kitchen towel and use tongs to coat the hot grill grate with oil. Use a spatula to place the chicken on the hot grill grate. Cook the chicken, covered, 15 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the stuffing and chicken reaches 165°F, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Use 1 teaspoon Lemon Garlic Seasoning per 7- to 8-ounce chicken breast.
- The cornbread stuffing can be served with pork chops or a your holiday turkey. It’s also great combined with cooked sausage and then baked into muffins.