2 pounds salmon
1/4 cup real maple syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
Twist’d Q™ Smokin’ Applewood Master Rub™ (Currently in stores as American Royal Smokey Applewood Rub™)
2 chunks of alder wood
- Cut the salmon into four 8-ounce servings, leaving the skin on.
- Apply the maple syrup all over each piece.
- Sprinkle the Smokin’ Applewood Rub on all three sides.
- Apply a good amount of the brown sugar and let sit in a container in the fridge for about an hour.
- Heat your smoker to 275º degrees Fahrenheit/135º Celsius. For salmon use woods like alder, or any fruitwood will work just fine. Add the wood about 5 minutes before putting the salmon on the cooker.
- Place salmon on the top grate of your smoker and cook until it reaches an internal temperature of 135º degrees Fahrenheit/57º Celsius. If you like your salmon cooked a little more, go until the internal temperature reaches 145º degrees Fahrenheit/63º Celsius.
- Remove salmon from smoker and let rest for 5 minutes before serving.