1 Quart Stainless Steel Saucepan
2 Medium Size Stainless Steel Bowls
Stainless Steel Tongs
3/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
40 Each Chicken Wings, Trimmed
1 Tbsp Canola Oil.
1/4 Cup Twist’d Q Sweet Mesquite Chicken Rub
- Measure your favorite BBQ sauce into the stainless steel saucepan.
- Set the saucepan over medium-low heat and bring to a simmer, stirring as needed. Do not boil.
- Once the sauce is warm, turn down the heat to low.
- Reserve, keeping warm.
- Pre-heat grill.
- Place wings in a bowl and add Canola Oil and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle with the Sweet Mesquite Rub while tossing so each wing is well coated.
- Lift wings from bowl with tongs and place on grill.
- Using the tongs to flip them every 3 minutes until they reach an internal temperature 165º degrees Fahrenheit/73º Celsius.
- Transfer wings to the bowl and add the warm BBQ sauce and toss until well coated.
- Transfer wings to serving platter.
- Aluminum saucepans react negatively with vinegar or citrus juices and produce off flavors. Always use stainless steel or enameled pans when heating barbecue sauces.
- Temperature – measure temperature by inserting the meat thermometer into the thickest part of the wing next to the bone.
Patrick McDonnell Photography