Rimmed baking pan
Chef knife or paring knife
1 bag (22 ounces) frozen waffle fries
3 teaspoons Twist’d Q Wicked Sweet Bourbon seasoning
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
2 bourbon apple chicken sausage links, halved lengthwise and cut crosswise in ½-inch pieces
⅓ cup chopped red onion
1 cup shredded aged Cheddar cheese (about 4 ounces)
¼ cup sour cream
2 green onions, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Line a rimmed baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the fries in a single layer on prepared pan, and sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the Wicked Sweet Bourbon seasoning.
3.Bake fries 25 minutes or until light golden brown and crisp, tossing once halfway through baking.
4. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the sausage and onion, and cook 5 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally.
5. Stir in the remaining 1 teaspoon Wicked Sweet Bourbon seasoning. Top the fries with the sausage-onion mixture and cheese.
6. Bake fries 8 minutes or until fries are crisp and cheese melts. Makes about 8 cups.
7. Serve fries drizzled with sour cream, and sprinkled with green onions and pepper.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (1 cup): 276 Calories, 17g Fat (6g Saturated), 37mg Cholesterol, 904mg Sodium, 24g Carbohydrates, 2g Fiber, 2g Sugars, 9g Protein
To easily drizzle sour cream, transfer it to a small zip-top plastic bag and snip a bottom corner with kitchen scissors.
Loaded waffle fries are a great way to use up leftover shredded BBQ meats. Top waffle fries with shredded chicken, brisket or pork and drizzle with BBQ sauce.