Pulled Pork Ingredients
3-4 lb Pork Shoulder (aka Pork Butt)
3/4 cup Chicken Broth
1/2 cup Orange Juice
1/4 cup Lime Juice
1/4 cup Lemon Juice
3 TBL Twist’d Q™ Hooked on Citrus Cuban Seasoning
2 Whole Garlic Cloves
Caramelized Pineapple Salsa Ingredients
1/2 Pound Fresh Pineapple Chunks or One 15 ounce can Pineapple Tidbits, drained
1 TBL Canola Oil
2 TBL of your favorite Salsa
1 tsp Citrus Cuban Seasoning
Pulled Pork Directions
- Trim excess fat off the pork, and cut into large chucks.
- Add 2 TBS of Citrus Cuban Seasoning along with all other ingredients into a large slow cooker and mix together.
- Cook on low for 8 – 10 hours or high for 4 – 5 hours, until meat easily shreds with fork.
- Let pork cool completely. Shred into 1-2 inch long pieces approximately 1/2 inch thick.
- Season with additional 1 TBS of Citrus Cuban Seasoning.
Caramelized Pineapple Salsa Directions
- In a saute pan, heat oil to medium heat.
- Add pineapple, and stir frequently until 80% of exposed surface of pineapple is rich golden brown and caramelized.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Rough chop pineapple and put into mixing bowl.
- Add 2 TBL of your favorite salsa, and Citrus Cuban Seasoning to the caramelized pineapple and toss to thoroughly combine.
- Reserve for Mojo Tacos.
- Heat flour tortilla according to manufacturer’s directions.
- Top tortilla with mojo pork and a spoonful of caramelized pineapple salsa.
- Cuban Mojo Pork can be made in advance and reheated in a skillet, on medium high heat until minimum internal temperature of 165 F has been reached.
- Add chopped cilantro or jalapenos to the mojo tacos for extra flair.