Pizza stone or rimless cookie sheet
Chef knife or paring knife
Baking pan or cookie sheet
1 small head cauliflower, cut into small florets
3 large eggs
1 cup almond flour
½ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Twist’d Q Crazy Chick Lemon Garlic Seasoning
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 package (8 ounces) sliced cremini mushrooms
¾ cup spicy tomato and basil pasta sauce
¾ cup Farmer’s cheese or ricotta cheese
3 tablespoons mixed chopped fresh herbs such as basil, oregano, rosemary, sage, and/or thyme
1. Place a pizza stone or pizza pan in the oven and preheat to 400°F.
2. In a food processor with the knife blade attached, pulse the cauliflower 10 times or to rice-like consistency. Makes about 3 cups.
3. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs. Stir in the almond flour, Parmesan cheese, Twist’d Q Crazy Chick Lemon Garlic Seasoning and cauliflower until well combined.
4. Line the back of a baking pan with parchment paper. Using hands, spread the dough out into a 12-inch circle (about ½-inch thick) on the prepared pan. Slide the parchment paper with the crust onto the hot pizza stone. Bake the crust for 30 minutes or until it’s golden brown and the edges are crisp. Remove the crust from the oven by sliding the parchment paper onto the back of the baking pan and cool slightly.
5. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook 5 minutes or until tender and golden brown, stirring occasionally. Spread the crust with the sauce and dollop with the Farmer’s cheese. Top with the mushrooms
and sprinkle with the herbs.
6. Slide the parchment paper with the pizza onto the hot pizza stone and bake 5 minutes or until the cheese is heated through. Slice the pizza into 8 pieces.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 slices): 453 Calories, 32g Fat (7g Saturated), 159mg Cholesterol, 1072mg Sodium, 23g Carbohydrates, 6g Fiber, 7g Sugars, 22g Protein
Try this gluten-free cauliflower crust with your favorite toppings, go traditional or go crazy.
For extra decadence, stir some extra Garlic Butter Seasoning with melted butter and brush on the edges of the crust after baking and before adding the toppings.