3 x 6 oz Chicken Breasts, boneless and skinless
1/2 lb (8 slices) Thick cut pork bacon
2 Tbsp Twist’d Q™ Sweet Mesquite Chicken Rub (Currently in stores as American Royal Chicken Rub)
1/4 Cup of your favorite BBQ sauce
- Pre-heat the grill.
- Cut each chicken breast into cubes by slicing lengthwise into 1 inch wide strips and then cutting strips across at 1 inch intervals to make cubes.
- Cut the bacon strips into thirds (1/3) and lay out on the baking pans.
- Put the chicken cubes in a bowl and sprinkle with the Sweet Mesquite Rub while tossing.
- Place each chicken cube on a bacon strip, wrap and secure the bacon to the chicken with a toothpick.
- Place the wrapped chicken on the grill.
- Using tongs rotate as needed so the bacon caramelizes on all sides and the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 160º Fahrenheit/71º Celsius.
- Brush each chicken wrap with your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Remove the chicken wraps from the grill with the tongs and arrange them on display plates and serve.
Alternate Instructions For Cooking in the Oven:
- Heat oven to 425º Fahrenheit/220º Celsius.
- Place bacon wrapped chicken cubes on a tray and place in oven.
- Cook chicken cubes to an internal temperature of 160º Fahrenheit/71º Celsius.
- Follow Steps 8 and 9 above.
- The cooking time will differ between a regular oven and a convection oven, so cook to internal temperature vs. time measurement using a meat thermometer to determine the actual internal temperature of the chicken.
- Aluminum saucepans react negatively with vinegar or citrus juices and produce off flavors. Use stainless steel pans or enameled pans wherever possible.
- Temperature Check by inserting meat thermometer into the center of the chicken.