Heavy-duty aluminum foil
1 (7- to 8-pound) spiral sliced bone-in half ham
1/2 cup water
1 cup apple juice
2/3 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
2 Tbsp Twist’d Q™ Wicked Sweet Bourbon Seasoning
1 tsp chopped fresh thyme
- Preheat oven to 300°F. In a large baking dish, add the ham and water. Cover tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Place the baking dish in the oven, and bake for 2 hours 40 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the ham reaches 165°F.
- In a medium saucepot, whisk the apple juice, brown sugar, mustard, honey, fresh lemon juice, Wicked Sweet Bourbon Seasoning and thyme. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat and boil for 5 minutes, whisking occasionally; remove from heat.
- Increase oven temperature to 400°F. Remove foil from the ham. Evenly pour the glaze over ham. Bake ham, uncovered, 15 minutes longer. Transfer ham to a serving platter.
- Serve ham drizzled with any drippings remaining in the baking dish.
- Here are a couple of ideas for leftover ham:
- Ham, Mac ’n Cheese — Add chopped ham to your favorite boxed mac and cheese mix or homemade macaroni and cheese recipe. Toss in some peas for added color and flavor.
- Grilled Ham and Cheese — Add some protein to your grilled cheese sandwich with rye bread, Swiss cheese and coarse ground mustard.