Large cast iron skillet or oven-safe skillet
4 large Portobello mushrooms, stems trimmed and gills removed, cut into 1/4-inch slices
1 Tbsp plus 1/2 tsp Twist’d Q™ Crazy Chick Lemon Garlic Seasoning
2 tsp chopped fresh thyme (optional)
1 stick unsalted butter
1 small loaf baguette bread, sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick
2 tsp balsamic vinegar
3 tsp shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a medium bowl, toss the mushrooms, 1 tablespoon Lemon Garlic Seasoning and thyme, if using.
- In a large cast iron or oven-safe skillet, heat the butter over medium heat until melted; transfer 2 tablespoons melted butter to small bowl. Stir the mushroom mixture into the skillet. Place the skillet in the oven and roast for 45 minutes, stirring twice during roasting.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium heat (325°F) for 15 minutes. Stir remaining 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Garlic Seasoning into reserved 2 tablespoons melted butter. Brush both sides of bread slices with butter mixture.
- Use tongs to place the bread slices on the hot grill grate. Grill bread 1 1/2 minutes or until grill marks appear, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Stir vinegar into mushroom mixture. Spoon mushroom mixture onto grilled bread and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- To remove gills, gently run a small spoon around the underside of each mushroom.
- To cook bread on the stovetop, heat a grill pan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-high. Grill bread slices 1 minute per side or until grill marks appear.
- Try including roasted grape or cherry tomatoes with the mushroom mixture. To roast the tomatoes, toss 1 cup halved grape tomatoes, 1 teaspoon olive oil, ½ teaspoon chopped fresh thyme and 1/2 teaspoon Lemon Garlic Seasoning in a medium bowl. Roast the tomatoes on a rimmed baking pan at 350°F for 20 to 25 minutes or until the skins are blistered.