Chef knife or paring knife
6-quart Instant Pot
1 pound lamb stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
2 teaspoons Twist’d Q Crazy Chick Lemon Garlic Seasoning
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 cup finely chopped yellow onion
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped
1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
2 teaspoons curry powder
2 cans (14.5 ounces each) unsalted diced tomatoes
1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
1 medium Russet potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Steamed basmati rice for serving (optional)
1. In a large bowl, toss the lamb, Twist’d Q Crazy Chick Lemon Garlic Seasoning, and salt to coat.
2. In the Instant Pot, heat the oil on Sauté-More. Add the onion and lamb, and cook 10 minutes or until browned, stirring occasionally.
3. Add the garlic, jalapeño and ginger, and cook 2 minutes or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Add the curry powder and cook 1 minute or until fragrant, stirring frequently. Stir in the tomatoes with their juice, coconut milk and potatoes.
4. Place the lid on the Instant Pot and close the pressure valve to seal. Pressure cook on high 35 minutes.
5. Naturally release the pressure and remove the lid.
6. Serve lamb curry sprinkled with cilantro over rice, if desired. Makes about 8 cups.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 cups): 314 Calories, 12g Fat (5g Saturated), 92mg Cholesterol, 525mg Sodium, 20g Carbohydrates, 4g Fiber, 9g Sugars, 31g Protein
Try using chicken, fish or shrimp in this versatile recipe. Adjust the pressure-cooking time accordingly.
Add sweet potatoes, lentils or vegetables to make this curry even heartier and healthier.