8 (12-inch) wooden skewers
1 pound new potatoes (about 16 potatoes), cut in half, larger potatoes quartered
1 1/2 pounds boneless beef sirloin or New York strip steaks, trimmed, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 Tbsp plus 1 tsp Twist’d Q™ Insane Steak Cracked Pepper Seasoning
1 (8-ounce) package white mushrooms, cut in half, larger mushrooms cut into quarters
1 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium zucchini, cut lengthwise in half, sliced 1/4-inch thick
2 Tbsp olive oil
Vegetable oil (for grill)
- In a medium saucepot, place the potatoes and add cold water to cover by 2 inches. Heat to a boil over high heat and boil 5 minutes. Drain potatoes and cool 5 minutes.
- Soak the wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, toss the steak with 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Cracked Pepper Seasoning. In a second medium bowl, toss the mushrooms, bell pepper, zucchini and potatoes with oil and the remaining 1 tablespoon Cracked Pepper Seasoning.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium heat (325°F) for 15 minutes.
- Thread the beef and vegetables onto the skewers. Apply vegetable oil to a clean kitchen towel and use tongs to coat the hot grill grate with oil. Use tongs to place the kabobs on the hot grill grate.
Cook the kabobs, covered, 10 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the steak reaches 125°F for medium-rare, rotating kabobs a quarter turn every 2 1/2 minutes. Transfer the kabobs to a dish; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute before serving.
- To cut a bell pepper, slice off the top end then cut the pepper in half lengthwise. Pull out the seeds then chop.
- The internal temperature will rise 5° to 10°F upon standing (also known as carryover cooking). To ensure the correct desired doneness, remove the kabobs from the grill 5° to 10°F below the desired final internal temperature of the beef. Remove the kabobs from the grill at the following temperatures: 135°F for medium, 140°F for medium-well, 150°F for well done.