4 (12-inch square) sheets heavy-duty aluminum foil
1/3 cup plus 2 Tbsp canola oil
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
2 Tbsp plus 2 tsp Twist’d Q™ Insane Steak Cracked Pepper Seasoning
2 Tbsp packed brown sugar
1/2 large red onion, sliced
2 medium orange, red and/or yellow bell peppers, sliced
1/2 medium head of cauliflower, cut into small florets
4 (6-ounce) top sirloin steaks
- In a medium bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, brown sugar and 2 tablespoons Cracked Pepper Seasoning.
- Place the vegetables in a large zip-tight plastic bag; pour half the marinade into the bag. Place 2 steaks in each of 2 large zip-tight plastic bags; pour half the remaining marinade into each bag.
- Seal the bags, pressing out excess air. Massage the vegetables and steaks in the bag with the marinade; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Preheat a gas or charcoal grill on medium-high heat (350°F) for 15 minutes.
- Place 4 (12-inch square) sheets of heavy-duty aluminum foil on work surface. With slotted spoon, evenly divide vegetables onto center of each foil sheet; evenly sprinkle vegetables with remaining 2 teaspoons Cracked Pepper Seasoning.
- For each packet, bring top and bottom sides of foil together over vegetables; crimp together and fold down over vegetables. Double fold both ends of packets toward vegetables.
- Remove steaks from marinade; discard marinade. Oil a clean kitchen towel and use tongs to coat the hot grill grate with oil. Use tongs to place the steaks on the hot grill grate. Use a large spatula to place the vegetable packets on the hot grill grate.
- Cook the steaks, covered, 6 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the steaks reaches 125°F for medium-rare, turning once halfway through cooking.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board; loosely cover with aluminum foil and let stand 10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute before slicing.
- Cook the vegetable packets, covered, 12 minutes. Use tongs to turn the vegetable packets once halfway through cooking.
- To serve, slice the steaks across the grain and serve with vegetables.
- Any moisture on the steaks will prevent them from browning. Pat the steaks with paper towel before cooking to ensure the surface is dry for a deeper sear on the outside.
- Allowing the cooked steaks to stand before slicing helps retain their juices. The internal temperature will rise 5° to 10°F upon standing (also known as carryover cooking). To ensure the correct desired doneness, remove the steaks from the grill 5° to 10°F below the desired final internal temperature. Remove the steaks from the grill at the following temperatures: 135°F for medium, 140°F for medium-well, 150°F for well done.
- Serve vegetables in foil packets for easy cleanup.
- To cook the steaks on the stovetop/in the oven, heat a large cast iron or oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat until hot. Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil and heat until hot. Add the marinated steaks and cook until the outside is seared, turning once. Transfer the steaks to a roasting rack over a baking sheet and roast in a 400°F oven until the desired doneness is reached.
- To cook the vegetable packets in the oven, place packets on a rimmed baking pan and roast at 400°F for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.