4 ripe peaches
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp Twist’d Q™ Smokin’ Applewood All-Purpose Rub
1 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
2 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
Set Up Charcoal Grill for Direct Grilling
- Remove the top grate from the charcoal grill. Place coals in a chimney starter. Spark the coals and let the coals burn until they are covered with a thick layer of gray ash.
- Spread the coals on the bottom grate. If the grill does not have a built-in thermometer, attach an oven thermometer to the top grill grate, replace the top grate and close the grill.
Prep the Peaches
- Halve the peaches and carefully remove the pits with a paring knife.
- Place the peach halves in a large bowl and gently toss with the olive oil, Smokin’ Applewood Rub and rosemary.
Cook the Peaches
- Once the temperature of the smoking chamber reaches 400°F, use tongs to place the peaches cut side down on the hot grill grate.
- With the lid open cook for 4 minutes. Flip the peaches, close the lid and cook for 8 more minutes or until the peaches are soft and a knife can easily be inserted into the peaches.
- Transfer the peaches cut side up to a serving plate.
- Sprinkle with the butter and serve hot.
- To easily halve the peaches, with a paring knife, cut each peach around center seam, then twist halves in opposite directions to separate.