Chef knife or paring knife
8-inch square baking dish
1 cup chopped white onion
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Twist’d Q Wicked Sweet Bourbon seasoning
1 large egg
1 pound ground pork
1 cup panko breadcrumbs
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. In a small saucepot, cook the onion and oil over medium heat 5 minutes or until the onion is tender and starting to brown, stirring occasionally. Add the sugar, vinegar, 1 tablespoon Twist’d Q Wicked Sweet Bourbon seasoning and 1 cup water.
3. Increase heat to medium-high and cook 10 minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally. Remove the saucepot from heat and let cool.
4. In a large bowl, whisk the egg. Gently mix in the ground pork, breadcrumbs and remaining 1 tablespoon Twist’d Q Wicked Sweet Bourbon seasoning.
5. Form ground pork mixture into 12 meatballs (about 3 tablespoons each) and place in the baking dish.
6. Bake meatballs 20 minutes; top with brown sugar mixture and bake 8 minutes or until thermometer inserted into meatballs reaches 160°F. Serve meatballs sprinkled with green onions.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (2 meatballs): 520 Calories, 23g Fat (7g Saturated), 122mg Cholesterol, 641mg Sodium, 53g Carbohydrates, 0g Fiber, 26g Sugars, 26g Protein
Be gentle when mixing the meatball ingredients; overmixing can make them dry and tough.
Try mixing chopped fresh herbs such as thyme, rosemary or sage into the meatball mixture for a savory twist or cayenne pepper to add a spicy kick.