8 oz Cream Cheese
Sweet Chili Sauce
16 pieces of brisket burnt endz (1”x1” cubes)
Twist’d Q™ Smokin’ Applewood Master Rub (Currently in stores as American Royal Smokey Applewood Rub™)
1/2 cup Barbecue Sauce
3-4 chunks of apple wood or sugar maple
- Heat your smoker to 250º degrees Fahrenheit/121º.
- Cut jalapeños in half and remove the seeds and vein; if you like spicy, you can leave the vein alone.
- Take about ½ ounce of the cream cheese and spread it in the cavity of the sliced jalapeño.
- Take one spoonful of sweet chili sauce and spread on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Take the burnt end cube and cut it in half and place each half next to each other on top of the sweet chili sauce/cream cheese.
- Take one of the slices of bacon; starting from the stem end of the pepper, wrap the bacon around in a spiral pattern, making sure the end of the bacon is on the bottom of the pepper. An easy way to do this is to lay the slice of bacon out in a straight line and place the pepper of the angle and roll pepper up in the bacon.
- Apply the Smokin’ Applewood Rub all over the wrapped pepper.
- Place the pepper on the top rack of your smoker.
- Cook for approximately 2 hours or until the bacon is done.
- While the peppers are cooking, take the BBQ sauce and pour it into a squeeze bottle and place bottle into a pot of hot water (this you can do about 30 minutes before the peppers are done).
- About 15 minutes before the peppers are done, apply the BBQ sauce in a zigzag motion, put the cover back on and let the sauce sit for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the peppers from your smoker and let rest for about 5-10 minutes before serving.
Recipe by Smokin’ Hoggz BBQ
Ken Goodman Photography