Rimmed baking pan
2 pounds bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs and/or legs
¼ cup heavy cream
3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons Twist’d Q Cane N’ Maple Crooked Pig seasoning
1 cup crushed pork rinds (about 2 ounces)
½ cup chickpea flour
½ teaspoon dried thyme
½ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1. In a large bowl, toss the chicken, cream, vinegar and 1 tablespoon Twist’d Q Cane N’ Maple Crooked Pig seasoning. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 or up to 24 hours.
2. Preheat the air fryer to 375°F for 5 minutes; line a rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil.
3. In a large bowl, stir the crushed pork rinds, chickpea flour, thyme, pepper and remaining 1 tablespoon Twist’d Q Cane N’ Maple Crooked Pig seasoning. Add the chicken pieces, one at a time, to the pork rind mixture to coat and place on prepared pan.
4. In batches, if necessary, brush the air fryer basket with oil and add the chicken in a single layer; air fry 20 minutes or until a thermometer inserted into the chicken without touching bone reaches 160°F (internal temperature will rise 5° to 10°F upon standing).
5. Let the chicken stand 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
Approximate nutritional values per serving (8 ounces chicken): 544 Calories, 32g Fat (11g Saturated), 210mg Cholesterol, 1011mg Sodium, 13g Carbohydrates, 1g Fiber, 8g Sugars, 46g Protein
To cook chicken in the oven, line a rimmed baking pan with aluminum foil and spray with cooking spray. Place the breaded chicken on the prepared pan and roast in a 400°F oven for 35 minutes or until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the chicken without touching bone reaches 160°F, turning once halfway through cooking. Let the chicken stand 5 minutes to allow juices to redistribute.
Try serving chicken drizzled with blue cheese dressing.